Before installing the crane, the crane track must be installed first. Since the track is a base, its installation directly affects the running quality of the crane.
The installation of the track should fully consider the geology of the site use environment and its carrying capacity, and the track should have a good grounding wire to ensure the safety of electricity use. The general installation method is as follows:
Track installation method:
1. After welding, before cooling after stress-relief heat treatment, it must be protected from rainwater, etc.; the hot copper plate can be removed and dipped in water for cooling, so that it can be reused next time. When the welding protrusion is too large, use a grinding wheel grinder to grind until it is flush with the rail head, and finally polish the surface.
2. The top of the crane rail is convex, and the bottom is a flat plate with a certain width, which increase the contact surface with the foundation. The section of the track is mostly -shaped, with good bending strength. Square steel can be regarded as a flat-top rail. Due to the large wear on the wheels, metallurgical cranes are generally only used for cranes with small lifting capacity, slow running speed, and infrequent work.
3. The joint of the crane rail joints are generally 1-2mm. In cold regions or when the temperature during installation is lower than the normal operating temperature and the difference is more than 20degrees Celsius, the temperature compensation gap should be considered, and 4-6mm is appropriate. The joints of the track can be straight or made into slanted joints can make the wheels transition smoothly at the joints.
4. When welding, one welding rod should be used to complete the welding of each layer of welding waves on the bottom of the rail. And using welding rods in the middle to break the arc. The direction of the welding waves on the front and rear layers should be opposite. The welding work of each track joint shall be carried out continuously. To keep the rail ends soldered at a higher temperature.
5. The distance between the tracks should be laid according to the span size if gantry crane. The longitudinal slope of the track is not allowed to be greater than 1%. When it exceeds this value, the driving rate of the cart and the stability of the whole machine should be tested. If it does not meet the requirements, the track slope should be corrected. It can be put into use after meeting this requirement.
6. The lateral misalignment and height difference of the two tracks at the joint shall not be greater than one millimeter. The order of welding track is from bottom yo top, first the bottom of the rail, then the waist and head of the rail, surfacing welding layer by layer, and finally repairing the surrounding area. When welding its rail joints, set up temporary fixtures to fix the rails for welding.
Track measurement and adjustment:
1. The straightness of the track can be checked by pulling a steel wire, that is, a 0.5mm steel wire is pulled on the rails at both ends of the track, and then measured pointed by point with a pendant hammer. The distance between the measuring points can be 2m about.
2. The elevation of the track can be measured with a spirit level.
3. The span of the track can be checked with a steel tape or an infrared measuring instrument. The allowable deviation of the track gauge of the bridge crane is ±5mm; the longitudinal inclination of the track is 1/1500, and the allowable deviation of the relative elevation of the two tracks is 10mm.
4. For the joint of the track, the track can be made into a straight joint or a slanted joint at a 45° angle. Mitered joints allow for a smooth transition of the wheels at the joint. Generally, the joint gap is 1-2mm. In cold regions, the influence of temperature on the gap should be considered, generally 4-6mm. The height difference between the two rails at the joint shall not be greater than 1mm.